Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy Independence Day, Cookie Dough for Everyone

One of the books I recently purchased as a birthday present for myself was The Cookie Dough Lover's Cookbook by Lindsay Landis.  Lindsay's blog, Love and Olive Oil, became very popular, especially one particular recipe, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles (recipe here.)  If you're familiar with cake pops and cake balls/bites/truffles/cruffles, you'll get the concept.  Cookie dough truffles are just balls of chocolate chip cookie dough (safe, no egg) that have been dipped in melted chocolate/candy coating.  My kitchen has seen it's share of cake pops, balls, etc. and I generally always have some Wilton Candy Melts hanging around, so my daughter and I decided to whip up the egg free cookie dough recipe this evening.  We popped it into the frig and made a quick trip to the grocery store for cookout food for July 4th (brats and my "world famous" homemade macaroni and cheese, which is actually Patti LaBelle's recipe.)  By the time we came home, the dough had chilled enough and was ready to be rolled into balls.  We did so, popped them in the freezer for a while and got my Wilton Chocolate Melter going, and before long we were dipping those babies in the melted chocolate.

They weren't picture perfect pretty, but they sure were tasty.  We did not make a whole batch; we made maybe about 20 or so, and put the remaining cookie dough back in the frig.  I'm sure it will disappear tomorrow, as my daughter will quite openly be "sneaking" tastes from the container.



Next time I'll make them with (egg free) oatmeal or peanut butter cookie dough; these recipes are also in the book.  I'm looking forward to making a lot of the other recipes in the book; it's hard to decide where to start!  Perhaps tomorrow I'll mix up some Cookie Dough Brownies for our Independence Day dessert....

Happy Baking!


1 comment: