- Homemade marshmallows are not difficult to make, and rather tasty.
- When one makes homemade marshmallows, one should have some plan for what to do with all of them, or many will be wasted (thrown out).
- It is easy to forget about one's blog if one does not put forth an effort. Before one knows it, it's been 9 months since the last post. (And one has not been THAT busy.)
- Not collecting regular paychecks sucks. One should plan better next year for being off work during the summer.
- Not being able to regularly teach cake decorating classes because the store where I teach is remodeling (and therefore I cannot earn summer income) sucks. Finding out that one may be able to resume teaching cake decorating classes earlier than anticipated doesn't suck. Finding out the new classroom is a lot smaller than the previous one was sucks.
- Needing a plumber for the one working full bathroom in the house sucks.
- Homemade doughnuts are very tasty, but there is no good way to store homemade doughnuts without them either getting stale or soggy.
- One cannot own too many baking cookbooks. One should always purchase oneself a cookbook (or three) for one's birthday.
- Turning 43 isn't so bad, even if it's closer to 45 than to 40. Whatever.
I plan to post again very soon (maybe even tomorrow) with some mini-reviews of the new cookbooks I mentioned.