Friday, July 1, 2011

Bake Me Happy

This blog has been sitting inactive for too long now. I'm going to switch over the general theme of this blog to one of my passions.......baking. I will write about favorite recipes and my latest baking experiences, plus also review my favorite baking cookbooks.

I've loved to bake since I was a teenager (and that was more than 20 years ago, in case you're keeping track.) Baking is often very therapeutic for me, and it helps alleviate stress and anxiety. Sometimes I get manic about it, like "I have to bake something NOW!", even if it's something simple like chocolate chip cookies from store-bought refrigerated dough. Sometimes I bake things that are very simple and use ready-made products to create a luscious dessert or treat, but more often than not, I am a from-scratch baker.

I have been a Wilton cake decorating instructor for over 6 years, and I enjoy it immensely. However, when I make cakes for my family I typically keep it simple. I love looking at complicated cake designs and cake pops that look like cute little sheep, but I don't think I'd ever have the patience to make them myself. I occasionally make cakes for others, but I don't have a home cake business. The reason I love being an instructor is that it doesn't seem like work......I would hate to have all of my weekends tied up making cakes for other people. That would take the fun out of it.

Even though I am a cake decorating instructor, my favorite thing to bake is cookies and bar cookies. I have several cookbooks that focus on this type of treat, so expect a lot of discussion about cookies and bars!

I hope you'll visit me often and share your baking stories!
~ Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment